Triple Deke on the move..

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 3 May 2010

    One In, One Out for Phoenix

    Manchester Phoenix head coach Tony Hand has moved to secure the signing of top young prospect Robert Farmer.

    Only days after Robert Lachowicz, one of last seasons stars, was unveiled as a new signing for Elite League side Nottingham Panthers, Farmer joins Phoenix from the Sheffield Steelers in a surprise signing.

    The nineteen year old Nottingham born forward spent last season split between both the Steelers and English Premier League team Sheffield Scimitars where he played against Manchester.

    In 20 games with the Scimitars last term, he scored 30 points including 16 goals and will add another scoring threat to the Phoenix roster.

    Farmer said: “It’s a great chance for me in signing with the Phoenix and I’m looking forward to the challenge they’ll mount next season and being a big part of it.

    “I like to get forward and look to score goals and touch wood so far in my career, I’ve done well in front of the net.”

    Commenting on the signing, Hand said: “Robert is one of this countries outstanding young prospects, he brings size, power, aggression and an eye for goal to our roster. I’m delighted to have secured his signature.”

    No comments:

    Post a Comment