Triple Deke on the move..

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 24 May 2010

    Fone back for second year; Morgan joins.

    Manchester Phoenix player coach Tony Hand has confirmed the signing of netminder Steve Fone for a another year.

    After backstopping Phoenix to the a third place finish in their first season in the English Premier League and helping Phoenix get to the Playoff finals weekend, Hand has put his faith in Fone to step up again next season.

    An injury at the midway point of the season for the Sheffield born goalie seemed to derail the team, but he says he’s ready to give the new season everything he’s got.

    He said: “Naturally I’m pleased to be coming back, I’ll certainly be looking to improve upon last year both personally and from a team perspective.

    “I think we’ve got unfinished business from last season”

    Meanwhile, Phoenix have also snapped up Ben Morgan from Sheffield Steelers, the 22 year old defenceman also has four years of EPL experience with the Sheffield Scimitars.

    He said: “I come to play every night, I’m determined and I see my primary role as playing the body, clearing the net and protecting my goalies.

    “Tony told me of his plans for the team, his thoughts on the role I could play and all in all, he really did a selling job on me – I didn’t need to think it over too long.”

    No comments:

    Post a Comment