Triple Deke on the move..

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 10 May 2010

    Duggan joins Phoenix; Walks walks

    For the third consecutive week a new face has joined the Manchester Phoenix with Tony Hand adding to his British roster.

    Forward Tom Duggan has signed for the Phoenix and joins them from English Premier League team Guildford Flames. The nineteen year old was born in Reading and has had the benefit of four years learning the game in Minnesota before joining the Flames.

    Last season he posted 38 points in 60 games for the Flames including a very respectable 26 assists with limited ice time due to their big squad.

    Duggan said: “I pride myself on a solid work ethic and don’t need to be asked to graft on the ice.”

    “I’m not the tallest of players, but I look to combine the skills I’ve developed with a good physical approach to the game.”

    Player coach Tony Hand commented: “As soon as I learned that Tom was available, I moved quickly. He impressed me a lot last season and I actually thought he was one of the better British players in the league.”

    Meanwhile Hand has seen yet another star from last season move on to the Elite League as Adam Walker has decided to join new side Braehead Clan in Scotland.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment